Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Under the direction of the Manager, Engineering, the Quality Engineer provides leadership and guidance to the organization, acting as a change agent to implement process improvement across the organization to achieve an operational excellence environment. The Quality Engineer also creates and maintains cross-functional relationships required to foster a proactive, engaging culture amongst the business operations team and a productive working relationship with customers.
- Provide and analyze statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, material, and products.
- Establish quality requirements for external suppliers
- When necessary assist other functions in completing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) suitable for that function’s needs.
- Perform field evaluations and audits to ensure standards are being adhered to.
- Drive adherence to disciplined systems and robust processes, and focused standardization of best practices; in conjunction with managing to a cohesive set of key performance metrics that provide an objective perspective on the business operating system health and effectiveness.
- Support or when necessary develop Quality related components of Goldwind Americas’ QEHS Integrated Management System (IMS) as needed to maintain ISO Certifications.
- Maintain a working knowledge and know where to access knowledge of Goldwind Americas’ QEHS Integrated Management Systems as necessary to complete their tasks.
- The above description and responsibilities represent some of the more important aspects of the position. However, all duties and responsibilities are not necessarily listed, and those listed are intended as a guide to the general nature of the position.
Construction Responsibilities/Duties include:
- Monitoring/auditing contractor’s activities are completed per engineering drawings and specifications
- Document, constructively confront, and report any deviations and/or non-conformance from plans and specifications to Owner’s Engineer
- Provide audit report of construction activities, work completed and upcoming activities to the Owner’s Engineer
- Witness testing of commissioning activities
- Attend daily/weekly construction meetings when on site
- Document and release meeting minutes and action items as related to quality concerns
- Strong quality system knowledge
- Flexible learner capable of understanding complex written documents, laws, regulations and standards
- High degree of personal judgment and integrity
- High degree of initiative and the able to work with limited oversight
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Effective planning and organizational & troubleshooting skills, problem solving, and creative/innovative thought processing skills
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project etc.)
- Strong technical writing ability
- Ability to work in a construction environment making use of established safety procedures and personal protective equipment
- Ability to work with multiple contract personnel and relay information to end client
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance, and work at heights greater than 100 meters (330 feet)
- Must be able to move and manipulate up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to comply of weight and health restrictions of fall protection equipment in our turbine and PPE program of a max 310 pounds’ total
Educations and Experience:
- BSME/BSEE or Construction Management with 2 years’ active wind experience preferred or;
- Bachelor’s Degree with course studies in engineering or other related quality fields. Five years’ experience in Quality Control or Quality Engineer Certification – CQE from ASQ (American Society for Quality)
- Strong working knowledge of civil, mechanical and electrical work.
- Ability to read engineering drawings to include but not limited to electrical schematics, wiring, equipment layouts, and raceway, civil-structural and security systems.
- Experience working on heavy industrial construction projects including inspection and auditing criteria.
- Ability to complete and maintain project documentation to include daily and weekly reports to include photo documentation making use of computer software.
- This is a field position; traveling will be required. Depending on assignment successful candidate will report to the same jobsite for an extended period
- Native English language with Mandarin and Spanish language skills a plus
How to Apply:
All applications to this position must include a resume and a cover letter that includes salary history, compensation requirements, and a summary of your qualifications for the job based on the details of the job posting. Please note that you will hear from us only if we wish to pursue your application. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goldwind Americas is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.