Title: Director, Operations & Maintenance
Location: Chicago, IL
The Director, Operations & Maintenance will manage Goldwind Americas’ North American Services business and provide direction and leadership during all phases of Service operations.
- Manage O&M Site Managers on matters relating to Goldwind performance standards, policies, procedures and Service requirements
- Ensure that all legal and contractual requirements are met with maximum value achieved while optimizing customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement industry best practices, programs, processes, and standards for maintenance, warranty, and safety programs
- Maintain and promote a commitment to safety standards at projects and customer sites
- Ensure availability of appropriate resources to fulfill all service contracts
- In coordination with Key Account Manager, visit customer sites to monitor services provided and maintain positive customer relations
- Supports meeting Services P&L targets, support development of an annual operating budget, and implements means to control costs
- Provide leadership in development of CMMS system, warehouse inventory plan, and technician training program
- Evaluates validity of warranty claims
- Prepare periodic reports for management detailing plant/site performance status.
- Responsible for customer reporting obligations
- Other miscellaneous duties as needed
- Ensure environmental compliance with regulation, customer requirements and industry best practices
- Manage and coordinate relationship and workflow between Goldwind International Service and Goldwind America Service teams
- Oversee the Goldwind Americas Remote Operation Center (ROC) and ensure monitoring and reporting meets contractual obligations
- Travel at least 40% of time
- Experience in a leadership role
- Broad knowledge of maintenance, resource planning, regulatory compliance and safety best practices
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strategic leadership and relationship building skills to effectively partner with various levels of employees and leaders
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills, especially in a matrix organization
- Knowledge of process improvement and change management concepts and best practices
Educations and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in the O&M side of power generation industry including 5+ years of experience in the wind industry
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or 7+ years of equivalent experience in an engineering or other technical role. MBA preferred
How to Apply:
All applications to this position must include a resume and a cover letter that includes salary history, compensation requirements, and a summary of your qualifications for the job based on the details of the job posting. Please note that you will hear from us only if we wish to pursue your application. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goldwind Americas is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.