Title: Technical Training Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Strategy and Planning, the Technical Training Manager is responsible for the onboarding, and training of all service unit staff. The position also oversees the creation and revision of technical work documentation for maintenance activities.
- Develops and conducts all technical trainings for Goldwind technicians.
- Creates and revises all course material for classroom and practical trainings. Materials include all course syllabi, paperwork, in-class presentations, simulations, up-tower trainings, tests, and employee evaluations.
- Training program included training on turbine technology, schematics, hydraulics, major components, scheduled maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Provides technical Instruction to Goldwind turbine technicians, site managers, new service staff and select staff from other departments.
- Creates, implements and manages a tiered, technical training program for technician knowledge development
- Provides cost quotes to service and sales departments for turbine owner training
- Maintains personal knowledge of turbine technology and understands all Goldwind turbines
- Will work up-tower to create trainings and host trainings on maintenance activities
- Creates technical training programs or presentations for select, target audiences at the request of Senior Management. Assists safety department in training portions of the safety programs (i.e.EQW)
- Schedules Training for all the Turbine sites as required
- Maintains liaison with Beijing training department
- Builds and manages Technical Training budget
- Reviews technical procedures as requested by Service department
- Maintains ISO-required documentation (records) of training provided for each employee and forecasts when new trainings and refresher trainings arerequired
- Ensure environmental compliance with regulation, customer requirements and industry best practices for all countries Goldwind Americas has, or will, have service activitiespresent.
- Promote and enforce safety culture across the range of Goldwind’s employees, contractors, and subcontractors to maintain highest quality, health, safety and environmental performance
- Follow Goldwind USA’s (or applicable) QHSE policies, procedures, guidelines of project safety plan, including safety statistics, accident reporting and investigation, etc. to maintain proper operation
- Focus on continuous improvement within the technical training function to make programs and processes more efficient and cost effective; Always looking for gaps in efficiency and executing on optimization
Required Education and or Experience:
- High School Degree or G.E.D. required
- Minimum 2 years of wind turbine experience or a combination of 1-year wind turbine experience and 1 year of learning and development experience or trainingcertifications
Preferred Qualifications/Core Competencies/Skills/Behaviors:
- A positive, proactive and professional communication style; Must be a team player
- Ability to travel and work at remote or international projects
- Critical thinker that can multitask different projects or work activities
- Superior knowledge of wind turbine technology
- Excellent mechanical and electrical skills
- Excellent public presentation skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Able to work with other cultures and age groups
- Superior ability with PowerPoint and training program development
- Ability to organize content, develop cohesive training with key takeaways.
- Effectively communicate message of training to ensure that stakeholders understand concepts.
- Able to work and train up-tower in a wind turbine
How to Apply:
All applications to this position must include a resume and a cover letter that includes salary history, compensation requirements, and a summary of your qualifications for the job based on the details of the job posting. Please note that you will hear from us only if we wish to pursue your application. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Goldwind Americas is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.